Thursday, May 3, 2012

Chapter 1-100 Proof

Mia sighed as she left another message on Zac’s cell phone. She had been trying to get a hold of him for the last hour and a half. He was supposed to pick her up after her classes were done for the day but he has almost two hours late. Mia sighed as she sent him a text message before she finished the homework that she was working on.

Mia busied herself with more homework before her phone rang breaking her away from the homework that she realized she was already an hour in to.

“Hello?”

“Hey babe, it’s me,” Zac said. “Sorry I missed your calls; I came home from practice and fell asleep.”

“You are almost three hours late picking me up,” she replied. “Where are you?”

“I’m on my way to get you now, I’m sorry.”

“I’ll be waiting out front, text me when you get here.”

“Will do,” Zac replied pulling his pants up before turning to the blonde that was next to him. “I have to go,” he said.

She smirked as she fixed her boobs in her push-up bra, “Girlfriend?”

“Yeah,” he smirked before giving her one last kiss.

“Call me,” she smiled before Zac shut the door of the apartment and headed towards Temple University to pick up his girlfriend. Mia was completely oblivious to the fact that Zac was cheating on her and Zac was good at both lying and covering his tracks.

“I’m almost there,” he said when Mia answered the phone. “Are you ready?”

Mia laughed sarcastically, “I’ve been ready. I’ll be out front.”

Zac rolled his eyes as he ended the button on his cell phone before speeding off down the freeway. Chances are if he was pulled over, he could play the “I play for the Flyers, how many tickets would you like?” card and get out of a ticket.

Zac knew cheating on Mia was wrong but it was so easy to get away with it when she wouldn’t find out that he just continued doing it. He would talk to girls online when he was on the road and he would out to clubs with his teammates and have one night stands with girls he would never see again. Being home in Philadelphia was different, he and Mia shared a townhouse on the outskirts of the city in New Jersey and he would wait until she left for school then sneak off to houses of girls he met at practice or bars in town when Mia would stay home to study.

Zac and Mia had been together since they were 17. They went to grade school together and became good friends shortly after Zac fought a kid that was picking on Mia on the school bus. Ever since that day, they were inseparable. Zac made the first move at their high school prom.

Mia didn’t want to go but Zac insisted that since they were seniors and she didn’t go the previous year that she had to. They were sitting at the table laughing and making fun of their classmates dancing when a slow song came on and Zac asked Mia to dance.

“Far Away” by Nickelback was playing at the hotel ballroom that they were at in downtown Toronto and Zac had his arms around Mia’s waist. Mia smiled up at Zac when she turned her attention away from her best friend Kayla who was kissing her date.

“So much for her not liking him, eh,” Mia said causing Zac to laugh.

“I always knew she was a slut,” he said causing Mia to slap his shoulder playfully.

“Be nice,” she replied as Zac smiled before bringing her closer to him. “What are you doing,” she asked as he got closer.

“Please don’t push me away when I do this,” he said as he got closer to her and leaned down to kiss her lips. They stopped moving and just stood there holding on to each other kissing until the song ended and “Get Low” by Lil Jon and the East Side Boys started blaring loudly around them.

“What was that for,” Mia asked as she pulled away.

Zac smiled not letting her go, “I love you,” he whispered.

“What?”

“I love you, Mia.”

“Zac, come on you’re my best friend. Don’t say that.”

“What is so wrong with it? We’ve been together every day for the last 12 years. When we became freshmen here, I saw you change. You weren’t just the little girl I hiked in the woods with and lit sacks of dog poop on fire in people’s yards with anymore. You were everything to me.”

Mia gasped as Zac pulled her into a hug, “Forget that I ever said anything,” he whispered. “I’ll be upstairs.”

Zac’s parents had rented him and Mia a hotel room since they didn’t have to drive all the way back to Mississauga.

“I love you too.”

“Don’t just say that because you feel like you have to.”

“I am not just saying it. God, I’ve been in love with you since we were twelve.”

Zac laughed before pulling her to him, “Do you really mean it?”

“Yes,” Mia replied. “I love you.”

“Let’s get out of here,” he said grabbing her hand and his suit jacket before heading up to their room.


Zac sighed as he pulled up to the curb. He remembered the night he told Mia that he loved her very well. They hadn’t slept together that night but they came close to it after a heated make-out session turned into clothes on the floor and Mia panting Zac’s name as he used his mouth and his fingers to please her.

Mia had shocked him that night. She was raised in a strict Catholic household and her parents were against them even sharing a hotel room that night. They had kept it a secret for months that they were dating because they knew her parents would flip.

“Finally,” Mia said as she opened the door to Zac’s car.

“Hello to you too,” he snapped.

“You’re late.”

“Ha no shit,” he replied. “I told you that I fell asleep.”

“Did you not hear your phone? I called you five times.”

“I forgot to take my phone off vibrate when I left the arena. It’s no big deal.”

“No big deal,” Mia laughed. “Honestly, I waited almost three hours for you.”

“Why didn’t you call that bitch best friend of yours?”

“That bitch has a name,” Mia snapped.

“Fine, why didn’t you call Kayla?”

“She had a game today.”

“You mean someone actually let her ass play on their softball team?”

“She did come to Villanova on a scholarship.”

“Well, isn’t she special?”

“Shut up,” Mia snapped. “You’re still late.”

“I know, I’m sorry,” Zac said leaning closer to her. “Forgive me?”

“I think that can be arranged,” she whispered as their lips met.

Zac smiled as they drove through the streets of Philadelphia back to their house. They had plans to meet up with some of his teammates later at a club in Philadelphia. It was Friday and Mia had the night off work and the entire weekend off. As they pulled up to the house, Mia smiled at the life she had with Zac. They weren’t perfect by any means but they loved each other. Mia smiled as Zac flopped down on the couch to play Xbox while she made dinner.

Zac knew she didn’t suspect anything and he planned on keeping it that way. What she didn’t know wouldn’t hurt her as long as he kept coming home to her, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment